Thursday, November 5, 2009

response

While the Korean way to promote their country may seem to far outshine the shout outs to the United States overall, to me, the southern culture does exhibit a lot of pride. This is especially apparent in the country music. The country radio stations often play patriotic music interspersed with the modern day country music that is filled with pride for our country.
With song titles such as:
"American Soldier" - Toby Keith
"Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" - Toby Keith
"Only In America" - Brooks & Dunn
"Have You Forgotten" - Darryl Worley
This list could go on. (I could also add Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus but I hate to even admit that I listen to this song...and no, i do not consider it country...it is just a side note)
Considering country music is really all I listen to, maybe my perspective is slightly different than many others. I am very much a Texan with a Texan mentality. My favorite holiday is the Fourth of July and I completely support and admire the soldiers.


On the other hand, it is true that many celebrities (not usually the country stars) become famous and find opportunities abroad to contribute their support and money to rather than using their fame to help our own country. But, there are more opportunities abroad that present a desperate need. Many celebrities do these things simply to help their image and not out of a desire to promote their own country.

No comments:

Post a Comment